2017 International Concerto Competition
2017 Concerto Competition Winners
Join us for the Winners’ Concert
Saturday May 13th, 8pm
Chappaqua Performing Arts Center
(Formerly Wallace Auditorium)
1st Place: Julian Langford – Cello
Stonybrook University/The Juilliard School
$2000 - The George and Sheila Drapeau First Prize
1st Place: Dylan Wu - Cello
The Juilliard Pre-College
$1000 - The Frank and Suzanne Shiner First Prize
2nd Place: Georgia Lazaridou – Piano
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
3rd Place: Radoslawa Jasik – Piano
The New School – Mannes
$500 - The David and Natalia Restivo Third Prize
2nd Place: Sara Scanlon – Cello
The Juilliard Pre-College
$500 - The Carmen and Rafael Forte Second Prize
3rd Place: William Tang – Piano
Hunter College High School/Manhattan School of Music Pre-College
$300 - The Georgia and Ron Frasch Third Prize
Auditions March 30 – April 1, 2017
Music Conservatory of Westchester 216 Central Park Avenue, White Plains, NY
In our 2nd Annual Concerto Competition, students compete in two divisions – Junior (12-17), tristate area only, and Senior (18-25), no geographical restrictions - audition for six winning spots and a monetary prize.
Rules and Regulations
Preliminary Round: Thursday, March 30th, 2pm-7pm; Friday, March 31st, 2pm-7pm
Final Round: Saturday, April 1st, 2pm
Winner’s Concert: May 13, 2017, Wallace Auditorium, Chappaqua, NY
$125 per applicant. Send application and checks payable to:
The Chappaqua Orchestra, P.O. Box 461, Chappaqua, NY 10514
Or pay online at: http://tcoconcertocompetitionfee2017.brownpapertickets.com
Proof of payment must be sent with application.
The deadline for submitting all materials and payment is February 1st, 2017.
Junior: 12-17, Senior: 18-25
- Participants must provide proof of age with a copy of their Birth Certificate.
- High school seniors who turn 18 before the audition date may participate in the Junior division.
- Junior Division is limited to NY, CT & NJ; No geographical limitations for Senior Division.
Location: Music Conservatory of Westchester:
216 Central Avenue, White Plains, NY 10606, 914.761.3900, www.musicconservatory.org
- One movement of a Sonata must be performed for both Divisions; Junior Division: One movement of Concerto must be performed; Senior Division: Complete Concerto must be performed. The Sonata and Concerto must be contrasting and chosen from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, or 20th Century/Contemporary repertoire.
- Accompanists will NOT be provided.
- Participants must provide their own sheet music for Sonatas
- All Concerti must be memorized
- Details on audition date and time will be emailed 3 weeks prior to the competition; participants must be available for the assigned time
- Participants will be notified the afternoon of March 31st if they will be in the Final Round
- Junior division participants must be accompanied to the audition by a parent or guardian
Prizes: All winners will be announced on the Chappaqua Orchestra’s website by April 3, 2017
- Senior Division:
- 1st Prize: $2000; Perform entire Concerto with TCO in our May Concert
- 2nd Prize: $1000*
- 3rd Prize: $500*
- Junior Division:
- 1st Prize: $1000; Perform 1 movement of Concerto with TCO in our May Concert
- 2nd Prize: $500*
- 3rd Prize: $300*
- 1st Prize winners of both divisions may have their performance played on a nationwide NYC radio station broadcast
* Each 2nd and 3rd place winners from each division will have the opportunity to play in a section of TCO for our May Concert. All winners are encouraged to attend the May Concert to receive their prizes.
* Some participants will receive an Honorable Mention and will have the opportunity to sit in a section of TCO for our May Concert.
The Chappaqua Orchestra’s and the participating Judges’ decisions are final.
For any additional questions please contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners' Concert Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8 pm
480 Bedford Rd, Chappaqua, NY
The top prizewinners from each division will perform solo concerti with the orchestra conducted by Michael Shapiro. Concert concludes with Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony.
Tickets - $30, Seniors/Students $20 Buy Online
on Wednesday October 19th – between 9pm – 10pm
Congratulations 2016 Winners
Hear Sakurako Saimaru
Visit the YouTube link below to watch The Chappaqua Orchestra's 2016 Concerto Competition 1st place winner – Sakurako Saimaru – perform the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto No.1 E minor, Op. 64 and her encore of the Bach Sonata.
You can also listen to Miss Saimaru's performance on WQXR – Robert Sherman’s – "Young Artist Showcase"on Wednesday October 19th – between 9pm – 10pm
Be a Winner, Sponsor a Winner!
Your sponsorship may be the first step to a promInent career for one of our bright young talents. Opportunities for naming sponsorships start at $500. Please conctact David Restivo at email@example.com